Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pin 30, 31 & 32 Oven Cooked Bacon, French Toast Muffins & Lemon Poppysead Muffins with glaze

Winter Colds & Strep Throat have entered the house......I just love this time of year!  NOT!!!  2 youngest have winter colds bordering on the flu and I was lucky enough to receive the gift of strept throat.....Freezer and cupboards are looking a little bare since I have not wanted to go to the grocery store.  We seem to have plenty of everything except breakfast items.  We have a ton of cereal, but the kids are not wanting to eat it.  I decided to go through my pins.  I just knew I could find something I could make that would buy me a few more days away from the store.  I settled on these....

and last buy not least


I tried to pick things I knew the kids would eat without any prodding......

I didn't take any pics of the proceess,  I just wasn't up to it.  They both were pretty straightforward recipes.  I will say with the French Toast Muffins, the batter was more dough like then I expected, but they turned out fine. 

Half the kids won't stay out of the Lemon Poppyseed Muffins.  They like the sweet tartness of them.  They were heating them up, cutting them in half and putting a little butter on them.  They were nice and moist.  Yummo!

Lemon Poppysead Muffins with Glaze

The French Toast Muffins were really good too!  I mean you dip them in melted butter then cinnamon.....how could they possibly be bad?  I baked mine with liners, but next time I will actually do these just in the pan so I can roll the whole muffin in the cinnamon.  Don't eat the top separately....eating the cinnamon with the whole muffin is what really makes these "pop"  I dont' think they tasted like french toast, more like a pancake.  These were a big hit though, and have already been requested again.

French Toast Muffins
French Toast Muffin unwrapped

I had intended to make one more breakfast muffin, and started the process but just felt too darn bad to finish it.  When I thought about it later I couldn't because the kids ate all the BACON!!!

Most people think of putting their Bacon in a frying pan, which I have always hated.  I love the taste of bacon, but the smell of it frying always has made me want to gag.  I think I get that from my Mom.  She is the same way.  I saw this pin, and it totally intrigued me. Bacon baked in the oven.



 

I put mine on a pizza pan.  Why?  Well because in the grand scheme of things it was already out waiting to be put away and I thought "why not!"  I lined it with parchment paper, then spread the bacon out.

Bacon getting ready to go in the oven

Popped it in the oven

Bacon in the Oven

waited patiently for it to finish.....almost there

Bacon cooked in oven almost done

And it's done.......

Oven cooked Bacon all done

Since I used parchment paper, clean up was a breeze.  It was just as crispy as if it had been fried.  We like crispy bacon in this house!  This will definitely be my go to method for doing my bacon for now on!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment